Vacation!!!!

Wow, over 20 days since my last post . . . I think that's a new record {of being absent} for me! Yikes! The good news is that my lack of posting isn't because of anything BAD. We've been happily enjoying life with my parents for the last two weeks, and enjoying a week of spring break as well.

Thank God hugely for times of rest and renewal. While there was lots and lots of cooking and the usual laundry & household cleaning . . . we didn't have 6 extra people in our house and we had a lot of nice down time.

AND Jeremiah and I got to go away {alone} for the first time since having kids. Those of you that live near family . . . don't ever take it for granted. It's never lined up to have grandparents around and NOT have a nursing baby! Until now! We went to Saint Augustine two days and it was great. Nothing out of this world or phenomenally amazing, but two days with no meals to cook, no bedtime to be patient through, no little questions to answer. I adore those things and I adore my life, but sometimes it's good to just STOP it for a minute, you know?

We walked up and down all the "Old Towne" streets- HUGE mansions and beautiful scenery.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Love these cozy doorways!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Went out to dinner and didn't rush through to get kids out before they reached a breaking point .

Photobucket

Saltwater Cowboys- a fun and rustic restaurant on the marshes. **Side note** Jer and I did come to the realization that the reason we hate eating out, is that we can cook better food, at home, for cheaper . . . I don't think I've ever eaten out and the food was better than I can cook, especially now, with the internet for good recipes!!!! That being said, it was nice to not have to prep & clean up!!!

Photobucket

Walked on the beach.

Photobucket

Took lots of pictures of ourselves, haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Found someone who offered to take a picture FOR us.

Photobucket

Slept in. Laid in a jacuzzi tub. Ate a great breakfast.

Had nice peaceful hours in the car together.

Photobucket

Random fortune cookie.

Photobucket

Yup. I'm so thankful for my parents for this extra treat!!!!


A few highlights of the last week . . .

First time at the pool (stop hating on me, northern friends!) My mom, the kids and their best friend Hannah.

Photobucket

And no, I didn't go in. Here's Shannon's take on mom at the pool . . .
Photobucket

Another beach trip . . . and stop the presses, my DAD went in the Ocean. Big deal here.

Photobucket


Boys come back on Sunday . . . our cottage is in {another} state of transition- we have a "one month old" boy who is just past his honeymoon phase . . . are getting a new guy on Sunday and then another the following (Easter) Sunday. We're tucking in, holding on and keeping our eyes on the end goal! The next 2 1/2 months should fly by, hopefully with all intact!!!!

Love ya and see ya soon!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, your Dad sounds just like my Dad! I am so happy for you guys to get away like that. What a treat! We hate eating out for the same reason, plus with the kids, sometimes it is easier to just eat at home!

Popular Posts