Here, here!

You know, I keep trying to write a post . . . and I've tried for almost a month now . . . tonight it's going to happen, pretty or not!  The pictures are from two Saturday's ago, on our "hike" across the Ranch.

Photobucket
Daddy & Daughter

After vacation, life picked up right up at it's busy pace, including the addition of two new boys in the cottage.  The two weeks after vacation I got hit with the most frustrating bout of "tiredness" I've had since being pregnant (and no, I'm not pregnant).  I found myself hardly able to keep functioning and doing all the necessary stuff to keep this family running!  I'm feeling much better now, so who knows what was up!  I've also been tracking my headaches and have finally figured out that they aren't just "bad headaches that last 24 hours," they are actually migraines.  And I get them on the same exact day of my cycle, every month.  Interesting. 

Photobucket
Heading out on a great adventure

Our new boys have transitioned in okay . . . one has a crazy-explosive anger issue, one of the worst we've had in 11 years . . . and we've had a lot of angry kids over the years.  The other new one is just a "week old" so time will tell what he brings . . . but both have heart-breaking stories of abuse/neglect and being tossed around families until they were placed in their adoptive ones at 6 years old . . . which means HALF of their lives have been terrible and heartbreaking!  No wonder there are issues, huh?  One of the other boys threw the adoption thing in his face today "no one loves you 'cause your adopted."  What cruelty and hatred resides in us, huh?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Discovering giant foot-prints (seriously, these are as big as my hand!).

 It's going to be a long two months until the end of the year- we're trying to get three of them transitioned from three years of Ranch life . . . into the real world.  Three of them are new and we're just trying to get them used to the Ranch.  And two of them have been here for a year and need to finish this year well so they can start next year strong.  Whew!  Too much going on!

Photobucket

I've been begging God for wisdom in several areas (behavior with Forest, Shannon's relationships with the cottage boys (how to draw boundaries), Shannon's health issues, husband stuff, the boys and their issues, etc.).  While doing a study of the book of James, I was reminded that God says "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him . . ."  So often I struggle with what to do in situations and never bother to ask God for wisdom.  Shame!  So I've been trying to really make sure I ask and wait for God's answers.  Yesterday I found this, "But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere." 

Photobucket

So now I'm working on praying for those things in each situation.  No easy answers yet but I'm trusting in our faithful God! 

Photobucket
A smile for your day!

Well, I AM going to get this posted and I DO need to go get some more work done . . .miss you friends!

Photobucket
Laugh as you stumble through your days!


Comments

Popular Posts