For the Curious

For my curious or detail oriented friends . . . here is our "move across the USA" plan!  If you are a praying person, you will notice all the possible complications with all these plans and we covet your prayers.

** If you are a Florida person and see my husband this week- DO NOT ask him about all these details.  He needs to focus on his class and I'm doing my best to not get into all the little move details until it's over.  Please help me out here!  He doesn't want to discuss moving vans and doggie cargo! **

PLEASE PRAY for God's graciousness over all these things.  Weather.  Humans.  Details.  I believe strongly God is in the details.  Ask me sometime about God providing just the right "personal undergarments" when my BFF and I prayed specifically for them, for a college formal.

Side note- someone told me the other day that they moved "across the United States."  And then I found out it was like 900 miles.  And I tried not to die laughing.  For the record- Florida to Washington is across the USA.  Washington to Massachusetts is across the USA.  And please dear Lord don't ever let me have to do this again!  For the love of all that is sane.

Jeremiah and kids flew to Florida a week ago.  They are having a wonderful time seeing their friends- people who are as close (or closer) than extended family.  Jeremiah began his training on Thursday.  He's taking a Wilderness First Responder class (90 hours in 10 days).  Basically in the wilderness when you have an emergency, he IS 911.  So it's no joke, it's the "real deal" and when he passes the test Friday (yup, I believe he will), he will have an amazing certification.

Pray for a clear mind, retention and understanding of material, calm and clear decisions in the hands-on practice and for him as he takes the test- to not just pass it but to pass it with confidence.  Pray for energy as the week goes on as well- between commuting to the classes, coming home and studying and repeating- it's an exhausting 10 days.

Meanwhile back in Washington . . . Heidi and I (and Elsa the dog) are busy packing up the rest of our stuff.  Our schedule . . .

Wednesday the movers are scheduled to arrive.  Continue to pray over this.  Already one driver backed out due to the "remote and snowy" location.  They must pay their drivers well if they can afford to say no to routes!  Pray for weather and safety.  Pray that in the midst of this, I can be an encouragement and a kind face to the movers.  And of course protection for the driver and our stuff as they travel 3000 miles.

Once they leave (if it's early enough) or the following morning- Heidi, Elsa and I drive over to Seattle (90 minutes) to stay with my friend Stephanie.  The sweet, amazing one who babysat our kids in November so we could get the job!

Friday morning we take Elsa to the airport.  Remember- Elsa is a 47 pound, 7 month old Siberian Husky.  She can't exactly fit under the seat in front of you on the airplane.  Soooo she has to fly Doggie Cargo.  For the curious and pet loving folks- there are a lot of guidelines around this to ensure your best pet ever is well taken care of.  We had to get a special vet exam.  She isn't allowed to be drugged, so that she is "awake and alert."  And on and on.  Here are the prayer points-  temperatures are NOT allowed to be below 10 degrees at the destination or connecting airport.  If we flew this week, her flight would have been cancelled.  At the moment, the forecast looks good (Chicago and Rochester).  Please pray for temps to be well above 10, so it's not an issue.  Listen, my dog LOVES cold and would be physically fine.  But airlines have rules.

Friday night, back to the airport for Heidi and I!  We have an overnight flight (also connecting in Chicago in the early hours of the morning) and then on to Syracuse (my parent's house). Pray for flight connections and for a certain non-stopping 4 year old to sleep on the flight.  I know I won't- I never do . . . but I just may lose any sanity I have left if she talks the whole way.  HA!  I think she'll conk out but prayers never hurt.

Our vehicle will be picked up at some point after the 12th.  Pray for a shipper to pick it up as close to that as possible, because the longer delay is the longer we are without on the MA end.  And of course for the driver who is travelling across the USA!

I'll be visiting with my parents until the 16th and then we head to our new home- Jer and kids will meet up there!  We are cautiously optimistic (after this situation here) about our new home and job.  We've been getting to know our future team-mates via text and it's encouraging to look toward the future.  We are finalizing job details- so that each of us have specific areas at camp that are "our own."  Once I have those finalized, I'll share more.  We will both be on staff (Jer full time, me part time) and we are really excited to be part of something that matters!  After so much craziness for so many months, I'm really hopeful that as we start this new year, we can start a new year for our family.  

Soooooo  . . . thanks for riding this ride with us- for being encouraging and supportive.  Please keep us in prayer especially this week.

Comments

Unknown said…
Thank you for sharing. I will be praying for you and for all the details. Can't wait to hear about your new jobs! Glad you are able to work part-time like you wanted!

Popular Posts