A trip around the neighborhood with us?


So this is a post I made up in June, well I took the pictures then, anyway.  We had taken our boys on a couple of bike rides around the general "neighborhood" (as in an 8 mile circle) and I took pictures one-handed, flying down the sidewalks.  I'm always curious to see where other people live, and since most of you don't live in Florida, I thought you'd enjoy this!  I forget what a novelty Florida is until I go somewhere else . . . nicer . . .  like the North!  But I know that in January, these palm trees are a delight!  So I hope you enjoy this visual journey!

Heading out on our journey, this is actually a lovely side street, behind the local middle school!

Photobucket

Oops, flat tire!

Photobucket

Continuing on, we actually pass a Jewish cemetery (actually called a haven of rest or something like that), and a Muslim cemetery.  Weird to me that they are on the same road.  Is there like special zoning for cemeteries?

Photobucket

Some lovely horse farms along the way.

Photobucket

And yes, random stretches of field!

Photobucket

These old Oak trees are some of my favorite scenery in Florida.

Photobucket

And dangling Spanish moss with Crepe Myrtles?  So pretty!

Photobucket

Now we ride through some VERY wealthy neighborhoods, the signs generally say "homes starting from the millions."  And these are actually older homes with more history, so lovely!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The boys shout "car lock" when they see a car they want, I shout "house lock" when I see my dream ones!  I think this house is a tad big for my liking!

Photobucket

But it's located right across from the local Mormon temple . . .

Photobucket

Turning the corner as we head downhill, the grass is SO pretty along here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And another cute church.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The landscape nursery where I buy my plants:

Photobucket

And then on the road to home- you can tell that suddenly they don't spend quite as much money fertilizing the grass :)

Photobucket

But at least there are more cool plants!

Photobucket

Then at last, home is in sight (behind that yellow turn sign)!!!

Photobucket

We're home!!!!!!!!  The boys love that the entrance to home is a looooong downhill and the only time we let them fly on ahead of us!

Photobucket

Thanks for coming on the trip with us, hope you enjoyed the view of our area!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ahh...I remember those roads, I explored on the mountain bike Earl lent me!!!! Can't wait to do it again.

Popular Posts