Rainy days, what else?

So!  I despise the over-use in our culture of the term "busy," but I honestly don't really know how else to describe life lately.  Trying to fit our life and home school into the hours of 8:30-4 (and a lot of days, 10-3 when I add in meetings) . . . well, let's just say it's been b.u.s.y.

B.U.S.Y.

Like "I need to sit down and figure out how to make this life work" kind of busy.  Like "why am I having such a hard time keeping my house clean" kind of busy.  (Basics like toilets and sinks and putting away laundry here people, not talking about white glove!)  Like "I haven't exercised in weeks" busy.

But things are good in that.  School is going well- hard days of course.  Days when I wish I could send my kid to school to have THEM discipline her . . . and then I remember that they DON'T (can't) and that's partly why I want her at home!  And then days when I watch her comprehension of math and reading and think "wow, what an awesome privilege to watch my children learn."

Heidi makes life interesting.  She's 1.  She's my giggly, happy, terrorist.  Well, the last 6 days she has been sick and that was like having a true terrorist around. But today her silly self was back.  She insists on wearing SHOES or socks!  What in the world?  She's 1!  And I never really have them on her (it's Florida people!).  But the last few days, she finds them (usually someone elses socks) and brings them over and grunts until I put  them on.  Then she crawls off content.  Today it was shoes.  And she wore them all day!  I tried to take them off at one point because *I* feel cramped in shoes . . .and she brought them back and grunted. . . so on they went.  I am a bit scared of the next two years with this one!

We have some new friends (co-workers) here at the Ranch and that brings Forest a new playmate!  Their middle son has a very similar personality to Forest and he LOVES to play with toys and use his imagination.  I'm so, so thankful for this- Forest has a wild and crazy buddy, but not an imagination- play with toys and trucks and trains buddy, until now!  Thanks God!

Well, it's 9:30 and I have some school things to wrap up.  A kitchen to ant-proof (ant attack this time of year and ugh!).   A tired and weary body to hopefully lay in bed soon.  I've been reminding myself that life is full.  That I'll survive.  And praise God, this weekend is a home weekend for our boys!  (First since Sept 1st).  I need the break SO bad . . .not planning a single project!

Love!

Comments

Popular Posts