Wrapping it up!

That loud noise?  That was just me giving a huge sigh of contentment!  I had no idea how badly I need a vacation until vacation started . . . and WOW, it's amazing!  We've had a great week (+2 days) already . . . and it's wonderful to realize we have another week.  Sometimes I "forget" how much extra having a full-time job adds to my life, until it's gone . . . and then I realize that I sure do work full-time!  HA!

Photobucket

We've had a good blend of playing together (as in Mommy sitting and playing with kids), and me working while they play (usually in the form of me cleaning a room that they hang out and play in, while I do it).  It's been lovely to be together, with no rushing to the cafeteria, etc.

Photobucket

We had a lovely Christmas- simple, focused on family and of course enjoyed a few gifts.  This was the "year of the horse."  We found two big horse toys {at the flea market} for $5 each this year . . . and that's what the kids got for their "big gift."  While we enjoy giving our kids gifts at Christmas, we do get them things through the year, partly for the purpose of not making Christmas a big gift event. I know everyone has their own theory about Christmas, and I totally see the benefits of both.  This is working for us at this point.

Photobucket

The second Christmas was over . . . well actually that afternoon . . . I started cleaning, organizing and getting rid of stuff.  This fall has been pretty rough- between being gone for 4 weeks this summer, our busy schedule at the Ranch and all the not feeling well . . . it was high time for a clean out!  I have a mountain of garbage and a mountain of "stuff" to get rid of and it feels good.  I want to have empty places in our home again.  When we first moved in, we had empty shelves and storage . . . and like most families, we filled those places.  Now it's time to empty some of them out!

And finally, I've been working on photography again (as in, other people).  As with many things at this point in life, I'd love to get better and put more time into it.  But this isn't the season.  Perhaps if I wasn't working full-time, but that's not a reality at this point.  I work on it when I can . . . and lately that seems to be happening more (yeah!).  Unfortuantely my new camera (that Jer worked so hard for!), died!  Thankfully was within the warrantey, but it meant I didn't have it for the holidays, which stinks.  I did end up doing two "photoshoots" this month.  First, a set of maternity pictures for a lovely girl I work with.  That was a first for me, and we had fun experimenting.  (Let me also say, I certainly don't charge for these, so there isn't a whole lot of pressure other than wanting people to be happy.  I try to make sure they understand I am learning and am NOT a professional!)  Second, was a set of family pictures . . . for a group of 17 . . . with all kinds of various tricks, including step and blended family groupings.  It ended up going well and I learned lots . . .and had some fun!  This is one of my favorites from the mommy-to-be shoot.  Any guesses how excited I am to take pictures of her baby?????

Photobucket

Well, I hope you all have a great end of 2012 and beginning of 2013!  Maybe if I'm feeling inspired, I'll actually get to a "year round up" post!  HA!  Oh, and if you made it this far, how about a treat?  HA!  Wanna see what my house and kids REALLY look like on any given evening?  GO HERE


Comments

Popular Posts