I keep meaning to update and then life gets in the way :) Again I don't have much time right now, but I wanted to share these cute picture of Shannon and let you know we're still alive and well!

Shannon loves talking on "her phone" and has recently started carrying this little purse around, filled with random goodies (or junk) she finds around the house. Kind of funny since I don't even carry a purse, just a diaper bag! This particular day she was having quite the conversation with 'who knows who' and was doing it watching herself in the mirror! Love it!






One other thing I want to share as the year ends . . . my "goals evaluation." Wow, I did pretty terrible! Getting pregnant unexpectedly sure threw a kink in every.single.goal! Wow! So here goes this painful process . . .

1. Journal with Scripture - didn't happen! Scripture did get read, journaling didn't happen.

2. Treadmill/weights/yoga- Did great until March when I got pregnant, then my workout partner (who got pregnant at the same time) and I dropped the weights and just did walking. So I guess that's pretty good! We started walking four weeks ago and now we are on our second week of the "couch to 5k" program- takes you from not running at all to being able to run 3 miles in 9 weeks! Yeah us!

3. One date with Jer each month- Didn't happen! But we did go out more often than before.

4. One date with Shannon each month- may have happened, but didn't really keep track. She often would go shopping with me and we'd pick out a special treat.

5. One new recipe per week- Again, I did great with this until I got pregnant! Then cooking stopped for a while. I did try a lot of new recipes this year and want to do this again next year!

6. Start compost pile again- didn't happen- gardening pretty much came to a stand-still as I really, really had a hard time with the heat while pregnant.

7. One special family night/month- didn't happen. Too tired most of the time- gotta work on this one!


So there you have it- didn't do so well on the goals once March came around! Time to start thinking about what this new year will mean to me!

Comments

Popular Posts