Discipline all over?

Anyone else feel like so much of life is about learning to be disciplined? At least that's where I am in my life. When I stop and look at the areas that are weak/shaky/struggling . . . it's usually because of some lack of discipline (self-control) on my part.

Having a hard time with the food budget or making meals? It's because I'm not disciplined enough to take the time to write out menus & shopping lists; or to use the mental energy to look at our {overly full} pantry and figure out creative ways to use it up. When I am disciplined, we eat well, feel good and save money!

Photobucket
Fresh Salmon, Florida strawberries, sauteed watercress and noodles

Can't fit comfortably into my clothes? Well that's obvious- because I'm not self-controlled enough to exercise regularly and stop eating the candy that comes into our house!

Spending too much time cleaning up around the house? Because I'm not disciplined enough to get rid of things and we have too much!

We're working on clearing out, making room for the good and the great. Why do I need 15 pairs of white socks when I only wear sneakers maybe ONCE every two weeks?

Photobucket

So that's where I am- working hard at being disciplined in different areas in our home and lives.

We've been having some good days and some hard days. Forest is in some strange funk and I'm really working hard to help him through it. Studying James and was reminded that God promises to give wisdom to those who ask. I think I already knew that but I had forgotten to ask for wisdom in these little {big?} areas of parenting. So lots of prayers for wisdom to help Forest through the funk, to survive the cafeteria, to help Shannon get over her potty issues, to know how to spend my time with them.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Both kids have been enjoying a new tea ritual lately- Chocolate Hazelnut {decaf} tea with cream & sugar.

Photobucket
Is there anything more special than a daughter talking to her daddy about her night-time dreams?

Photobucket

Photobucket
We had a heavy fog last week, which resulted in us being able to see all the spider webs around. Despite the fact that I'm arguing with my camera about focus {can't seem to get it to hold a focus}, I managed to get a few pretty pictures!


Comments

Popular Posts