Raspberry Scones

Sometimes life just flows- you know - everyone seems to be in good spirits, no major problems, quality time together. We seem to have "caught" one of those flows lately and it's wonderful. We've been enjoying amazing time together- daddy/daughter dates, mom/son dates, daddy/son dates, mommy/son bike rides. It's just been really nice! We all know life isn't always like that (and probably, to be honest, with little ones is more often NOT) . . . but I'll store up these precious moments to save them for those days.

020c

077

Okay, the purpose of the post- Raspberry Scones. During one of our weekly trips to the bookstore, I was reading a delightful magazine about women who create and I came across a recipe for Blackberry Scones. I didn't want to pay $15 for the magazine, so I took pictures of it with my phone. After much squinting and guessing, I re-copied the recipe at home, with Raspberries.

Raspberry Scones

2 cups flour
1/2 c sugar
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t cinnamon
1/2 c butter, softened
1 egg
1/4 -1/2 cup milk
1 cup berries

Combine dry ingredients, then cut in butter with a fork or spoon. Add the egg & milk, gently combine until a moist-enough ball to roll or pat out. (I'm not sure what the recipe originally called for, I thought it was 1/4 cup but it took a LOT more milk to make mine a dough). Fold in the berries (I used frozen raspberries).

Roll and cut into wedges. Bake at 450 until light brown.

SAUCE
1 T butter
2-4 berries
1 T cream
1 c sugar
1 t vanilla

Microwave the butter & berries together until melted. Add the remaining ingredients and mash, stir until smooth. Pour on top of warm scones.

scone

Hope your day is blessed.

Comments

Hannah Boykin said…
Mmmmm...those look really good Erika. I'll have to try them!

Popular Posts