Flowers, flowers

Don't you hate it when it takes you over 30 minutes to do a blog post and then it's deleted? Let's hope second time is a charm!



Hey there. We had the joy of a three-day family weekend, very much needed and appreciated this time of year! I spent a lot of time with this drama queen . . .

Photobucket

And Forest got to "lick the beaters" for the first time.

Photobucket

I've been feeling "blah" or down lately- definitely a physical thing as nothing in life has changed . . . so I've really had to force myself not to think about much of anything, so I don't let my emotions carry me away. This morning I decided I really need to keep my focus on others in order to keep it off myself. And I had a good day. Whipped up a fun package for a friend.

Photobucket

And then tonight I was able to putter around in the gardens, which is ALWAYS a treat. Here's a peek into it . . .

These are "family plants." The big one is from my mom, which was a cutting from my grandfather, I believe. A night-blooming cyrus.

Photobucket

My "garden outside the kitchen window" has filled in nicely and brings a smile to my face every day!

Photobucket

And you can't go wrong with pots of impatiens outside the cottage front door!

Photobucket

Or flowers blooming outside your bedroom window!

Photobucket

How about bright {spicy} Thai peppers?

Photobucket

Fun bird-house gourds!

Photobucket

Or the hope of the future sunflower patch?

Photobucket

And finally, moonflowers! Giant, 4 inch white blossoms will eventually adorn these. For all you non-Florida girls, the small, innocent looking dirt pile is actually an ant hill. Filled with biting fire ants. Just thought you'd want to know.

Photobucket

Hope your week is lovely!

Comments

Popular Posts