For Today

Outside my window… amazing blue skies, bright green trees and a producing garden!

I am thinking… so much. As we finish the year (6 weeks or so), I start reflecting on the past year and how we've done well and where we need to improve. I start dreaming about the future and where God might take us. Had some crazy thoughts in my head the last week or so, just waiting excitedly for the "big picture future" and what our part in it is. Good stuff.

I am thankful for… a wonderful husband and two amazing kids.

From the learning rooms… outside, outside, outside! Other than memorizing our ABC Bible verses (which find daily use at our house!), we have spent most of our "learning times" outside playing. Trying to fully take advantage of the weather before it's blazing hot.

From the kitchen… garlic mashed potatoes (Jer even like), fresh asparagus and beef. Fresh pineapple requested by Shannon and enjoyed by all.

I am creating… not a whole lot. My scrapping creativity has been GONE for over a month, which frustrates me a lot. I am getting ready to re-paint our living room, so I'm re-creating a scene in there.

I am going…out to dinner with Jer and another couple . . . and no toddlers! Cheesecake Factory, here we come!

I am reading… random gardening books (of course) and re-reading "Under the Tuscan Sun." Makes me want to decorate, cook and garden.

I am hoping… to buy our airplane tickets for summer vacation today!

I am hearing… the boy-noise of the kids next-door.

Around the house… sleeping babies, laundry to put away, sewing projects to do when kids aren't sleeping.

One of my favorite things… fruit snacks.

Comments

Popular Posts