Felt House

I don't think I ever shared the full pictures of the felt playhouse I made Shannon for Christmas. I did a lot of research during October and November of last year, trying to come up with a great idea for a "real" gift- one that would last a long time and get a lot of use, even as she grew older. A friend sent me a link to "card table" playhouses- a house that fits over a card table, making a small fort or house. I loved the idea but realized I wanted something that would last longer- card tables are pretty small! So I ended up drafting a lot of ideas, ordering a TON of felt (by the yard) and started sewing a week before Christmas.

Jeremiah built a PVC pipe frame and we ended up with this beautiful house that is 4 feet tall and 5 feet wide on each side! Yes, its HUGE! My mom made "letters," and fruits & veggies for the garden. We kept it in the dayroom for a while and then also had it outside for a few nice days. I'll share more details on the construction if you want, but for now here are the pictures.

Photobucket

This is the front door- mailbox on the left, flower "pot" on the right.

Photobucket

On the right side is the "castle," a nice window to let in light.

Photobucket

The garden, with spots for the carrots, radishes and such.

Photobucket

And the apple tree (not sure who picked all the apples) and a basket for putting them in.

Comments

Popular Posts